Project Selection-Magazine
Print journalism is unique in the way that it is now becoming more rare and refined. Instead of reading the newspaper or magazines daily, people now enjoy online news more commonly than they enjoy that of which is print. Therefore, print journalism is, in my opinion, becoming of greater importance than ever before. This generation's printed magazines may be the last, meaning these will be the physical remnants of modern day culture that are preserved throughout history. Anyway, creating a magazine appeals to me because it would be a project that permits the use of my writing talents. I love to write, and creating an informative magazine that would encourage the spread of knowledge would be a massive, yet extremely rewarding, challenge to take on. In Media Studies, I have found my Magazine Analysis of Time to be very intriguing. I learned a great deal about the layout of the infamous news magazine, including the use of national, world, and political articles in a specific order that encourages the reader to peruse through more than just the title article. Time provides a useful resource to refer back to if I choose to create a magazine since it consists of such a wide range of articles that are of such importance in today's politically and scientifically heavy society. Challenges that would be involved in the creation of a magazine would include finding a unique and interesting topic to base a monthly magazine off of. This would prove to be a challenge since I will have to find a wide array of stories and information to include in the issue and create an organized and visually appealing way to display all of the included information.
Comments
Post a Comment