Three Revisions

I have now uploaded the updated versions of all four of my original pages. My three primary revisions included changing the color of my title and all other major texts, such as my table of contents, the name of my interviewee Charles Karcher in my two-page article, and the "Application Season Issue" subtitle that illustrates the importance of this specific issue. The much needed change in color has provided a nice alternative element to my magazine that represents a more diverse and interesting environment as opposed to the very unexceptional black and white draft that I first created. By adding a nice, dark, yet professional crimson red, it not only further elevated the visual appeal of my magazine, but it also drew a further connection between the prestigious Harvard University by using their signature color as my main theme. This was in part to match the colors expressed on my cover by the Harvard boathouse that appears on my cover, and also because it complimented my magazine in regard to my article and photos I included as well. My second revision was including images in my table of contents and two-page article, both of which desperately needed some imagery and color to liven up the informational, yet visually bland pages of Get Schooled. I did, however, manage to fit two photos of my subject Charles into my interview article without having to condense any of the actual interview information. It was imperative to me that I keep all of the information from my article, since I felt it was all very helpful and intriguing information that would immensely benefit my audience. When adding photos I took into my table of contents, I did condense some of the text there, since I had previously included every single page of my magazine on the table of contents, which seemed unnecessary. By condensing this page, I could increase the intrigue of my magazine by including the most interesting articles and features on my table of contents in order to convey a more limited amount of information that the reader could easily take in while also enjoying a variety of photographs on the same page. This variety, I feel, helps convey my message and will also help to improve the interpretation of the table, since it is more simple to take in in the short period of time that my audience is expected to spend examining page 2. My third big revision was the centering of my title and subtitle on the cover. "Get Schooled" and "A high schooler's guide to the college application process" are now in the center of the sky illustrated in my photograph from Boston. This decision was made to be more traditional in the magazine type setting, since titles of magazines are almost always centered. I figure that there is a substantial portion of my magazine that is unusual and untraditional, so adding a title that is harder to read in the top left corner might not work for my benefit, although it was unique. I am still considering re locating the title back to the top left corner, depending on the opinions of my peers, and my re-consideration of the issue in a few days, or weeks. It's a big decision!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Audience Research Teen Vogue

Reoccurring Features